It is always great fun to plan a vacation with family and loved ones. Kids usually enjoy such trips and remember it forever. African safaris are quite famous worldwide. Some of the best destinations for safari include Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Uganda, and Namibia and so on.
Some of the Best Months for Such Vacations
Summer, springs and winters are the best times of the year to go on a safari. Months from March to July are quite suitable for such vacations. Waterfalls, refreshing drinks, coconut water and many others attract kids the most. However, before planning a safari tour, you could check the weather conditions at your desired destination. If you are planning tour in countries like Tanzania or Kenya, the best time is winters. Before finalizing anything, ensure that you consult the local embassies of the country and get the visas.
Moreover, you need to get the suitable vaccination from your doctor. Vaccinations are required for diseases like typhoid, diphtheria, yellow fever, hepatitis A and so on. Packing is an important task when you are going on a holiday abroad. Some of the packing tips are mentioned below
- You could pack hat along with neutral and light colors clothes. It will surely protect you from excessive heat.
- You could carry first aid box including antibiotics, Advil, anti diarrhea medicine, Penicillin and so on.
- Make sure that you bring a photocopy of your passport and visa. In case, your passport is lost, you will not face any inconvenience.
- Have a list of all the important contact details such as phone numbers, their email IDs and residence addresses.
- Some essential items required include binoculars, camera with extra storage space, adapter, and mp3 player.
- For entertainment purposes, you could pack deck of cards.
- Do not forget to carry travel pillow and alarm clock for your convenience
- To get more knowledge about the place you are going to visit, you could buy couple of books or search the net. Go through the wildlife of the specific area you are travelling to, its history, etc.
How to Pack the Suitable Clothes for Your Trip
While packing the clothes, need to consider the climatic conditions of that location. Usually safari clothes are light and comfortable. Make sure that you do not include bright colored clothes in your packing list. Avoid colors like pink, red and so on. Rather, you could choose green, brown or cream and other soothing colors.
Popular Activities Performed by the Tourists
There are several interesting activities to perform, while you are on safari. An armed guide walk through the grasses is good option. Birding and sightseeing will make your day more thrilling. You might have heard about sun downer cruises. They are the best source of enjoyment. You could view reptiles and animals like crocodiles, hippos, etc. It is quite suitable for wildlife photographers.
Drives in open jeeps or mini buses are good options. They usually start early in the morning around 5.30 am. Ensure that you carry your blanket while on a drive in the forest. Besides, you could enjoy this trip late in the afternoons too. Weather is much milder and cooler during these hours.
Make a list of items you’ll need and animals you want to see. Once done, hand it over to your guide. This will make sure that your guide exactly knows where to take you to see particular animals and ask you to carry what you might need while on a drive. If your kids are accompanying you, find out from the guide and forest authorities what you would need to do, in order to be extra careful about them.